Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Eleven Week

Mom and I were quite the travelers this weekend. We flew to *Mom's Home State* to visit with Mom's family. The trip was made possible and pleasant by lots of people and their random acts of saviorness. Mom and I would like to thank...

The police officer who, upon seeing Mommom and Mom rushing to get us dropped off for our departure, told us to take our time. We were in the third lane out and when the inside lanes emptied, my stroller wasn't boxed in by cars, so he stood by and directed traffic around it.

The three gentlemen who, on separate occasions, carried my stroller up an escalator when the elevator was broken and off of two buses while Mom was trying to pull our luggage.

The sweet, sweet lady on the plane who held me while Mom went to the bathroom and continued to hold me because I'd fallen asleep and she didn't want to wake me up. Though she said holding me made her day. The break she gave Mom's arms made hers.

Everyone, women and men alike, who smiled at Mom while she carried a noisy baby down the aisle, namely me, to the bathroom to change my diaper. It made her feel a little less self conscious about having a crying baby on a plane.

The two ladies who, at two different times, helped Mom with her luggage so she could get me out of the stroller and give me the cuddles I was so adamantly demanding.

The many security people who whisked us through the security line, collapsing the stroller and reopening it for us at the end and putting our belongings in the bin to be scanned.

The businessman who hopped up when we landed to help Mom with my diaper bag and asked if we had any bags in the luggage bins he could carry for us.

The trip itself was awesome and the traveling part gave Mom warm fuzzies. She said it restored her faith in humanity a little bit. I guess I don't get that, but maybe I'm a little too young to have lost my faith in humanity just yet.

She specifically doesn't want to thank the lady in our row on the first flight who threw down her magazine and rolled her eyes when she saw Mom and me sit down. It didn't even help that she tried to be all nice when I slept the whole way.

Onto the photos!


Me and my Mommom. It was super nice to see her again.



Me and Poppop. He's a cool guy. We discussed my future career options and possible dates for future golf outings. It was fun.


Everywhere cousin Stan and I went, people thought we were twins. He's a big boy and I'm a teeny girl. So even though I'm older, we could pass for the same age. I can hold my head up a little better but Stan will be there in no time!


Me and my cousins, Kayla and Stan. We were being uncooperative for the photo shoot, but we're so darn cute our parents forgave us.


Me and my Great Aunt Donna. And I'm not just throwing the great in for propriety's sake. She really is.


Same goes for my Great Aunt Kathy.


This is Mom's cousin, Bubbaloo. Known by other, more normal folks, as Wendy. Even though she's not technically an Aunt, she'll be my Aunt Bub.


Cousin Stan and I were all set for an outing to Babies 'R Us.


That's my modest smile. This outfit was a big hit.


Me and Stan with Aunt Jaclyn.


Mommom and us in the onesies she bought in Vermont before we even got borned.




Mom's brother, Uncle Eric, makes me laugh. He's a goofy guy.


Switching kids...Aunt Michelle and cousin Kayla, Uncle Eric and me, and Mom and Stan. Mom would like you to know that she had no idea until she saw this picture how ridiculous her hair looked. If only I could talk. I'd have told her for sure.


The aunts switch babies. Aunt Kerri held me this time. She's a sweet lady.


We got our pictures taken professionally while I was out there. Stan and I slept through the whole first half. Mom and Aunt Michelle and Aunt Kerri could not get us to wake up to save their lives.


And guess what we did for the second half? Poor Kayla. Stan and I made her cry, too. But Mom, Aunt Kerri, and Aunt Michelle say this picture is one of their favorites. Memories. They can't wait to pull it out when we're teenagers and tell us the story.


Me and that puny little bear again. I'm running laps around him growthwise. Though his hair is looking a little neater than mine.
said at 3:05 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At August 1, 2007 at 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my gosh, we did have a blast while you were here Cora! Cousin Kayla can't wait to see you again in November. Much love!

     
  • At August 1, 2007 at 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was great to see you again and I miss you already!!!! Hugs and kisses

     
  • At August 2, 2007 at 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we miss you already Cora! Cousin Stan has been crying for you( he is right now too) we can't wait to see you and mom again!! love ya!

     
  • At August 6, 2007 at 10:18 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    Aunt Jaclyn looks totally natural with you little ones. If she ever changes her mind about having her own, make sure you remind her that I'm available, mmmkay, Cora Jane? ;)

    PhilM
    Echoes in a Nomad's Head

    P.S. The shoes are absolutely adorable on your tiny feet, girl!

     
Post a Comment
 
Home










About A Girl

Name: Cora Jane

About Me: I'm my Mom's and Dad's kid. Apparently, they've been waiting on me for a while and didn't have the best of luck getting me here. I'm the miracle baby that hung around after my Mom had three miscarriages and then was put on bedrest at five months pregnant for fear she was losing me, too. But, now I'm here and they really dig me. I dig them, too. It's cool.



See my complete profile


Cora Jane Classics
We Are Family
Baby Buddies
Turtle Un-Shelled


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from zubegirl. Make your own badge here.


Busy Busy Busy!
Past Messes
Blah Blah!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Misc. Doodles

BLOGGER