Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Help!
Dear Readers,

I wanted you to hear it from me first. It would seem that Mom and Dad have made a decision regarding my future and I wanted to enlighten you. You see, last night was an interesting evening. Mom picked me up from daycare and you might say I was, erm, well I'd say I was a little out of sorts. Mom said I was being a stinker.

Upon arriving home, Mom set me on the floor to see if I wanted to play with my toys. I didn't. So I whined. She picked me up. I didn't want that either. So I whined. And pushed her away. So she set me in the high chair to see if I wanted to eat. I did. Sort of. Actually I took my Cheerios, held them over the side of the high chair, and as Mom looked at me sternly and said, "No, Cora Jane!" I dropped them one by one on the floor. And then I cried 'cause I had none to eat.

Then Daddy got home. I gave him my biggestest winningest smile, knowing that I was working Mom over and quickly running out of allies. Dad was pleased. But then it got old being all sweet baby again, so I whined and fussed all the way through my bathtime. (Except when Dad was playing with those washcloth puppets, I love those guys).

By the time bathtime was done, Mom professed it was close enough to bedtime for me to go to bed. She promised to finger through My Baby Book after I was asleep to look for a spot for "First Bratty Behavior." Hee. I worked them over.

With all of that said, they've decided to send me to Boarding School posthaste. I started to whine again and Mom said to call someone who cares.

Do you care?

Love,

Cora Jane

PS- Before you get all concerned, just remember what day today is. Even babies are allowed to tell April Fool's jokes aren't they? Except I wasn't really kidding about the bratty stuff! I did all that! You'll be pleased as punch to know that I am much better today.

This is me calling someone who cares. But the darn phone won't work! Mom, if you're going to give me such a directive, at least make sure I have the proper equipment to carry the directive out!
said at 9:33 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At April 1, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Blogger Uncle Tim said…

    it's time for a spanking!!!! I'm just kidding Cora

     
  • At April 1, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I care. You can call me anytime. You can come and stay with grandma and grandpa anytime. Love Grandma

     
  • At April 1, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Blogger Stan said…

    My Mom couldn't find the bratty section in my baby book either. Maybe our Mom's should get together and write their own. Mom agrees with Uncle Tim!! Haha just kidding..... Can't wait to see you, I can't believe it's been 5 months!! Love you!

     
  • At April 1, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Blogger Kayla said…

    Oh we all have those days! You can call me anytime! Love ya!

     
  • At April 1, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Blogger karen said…

    CJ: Print this note out and leave it somewhere obvious for M & D...clearly, they are new at this parenting gig and not aware of Alllllll the rules yet!
    =================================

    Dear Mom & Dad,

    You are not supposed to send me to Swiss Boarding School until I am six years old.

    Love,
    Cora

     
Post a Comment
 
Home










About A Girl

Name: Cora Jane

About Me: I'm my Mom's and Dad's kid. Apparently, they've been waiting on me for a while and didn't have the best of luck getting me here. I'm the miracle baby that hung around after my Mom had three miscarriages and then was put on bedrest at five months pregnant for fear she was losing me, too. But, now I'm here and they really dig me. I dig them, too. It's cool.



See my complete profile


Cora Jane Classics
We Are Family
Baby Buddies
Turtle Un-Shelled


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from zubegirl. Make your own badge here.


Busy Busy Busy!
Past Messes
Blah Blah!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Misc. Doodles

BLOGGER